Do you have the desire and ability to lead a visionary and creative organisation that plays a pivotal role in Greenlandic society? Do you also have the experience and skills to incorporate local roots and engender local ownership in your work? If so, then you may well be the person we are looking for!
Tourism in Greenland is on the brink of an exciting future, with increasing awareness of, and interest in, Greenland as a destination. With the prospect of a completely new infrastructure, there are unique opportunities for development of Greenland’s travel industry – and with us you will have an unrivalled opportunity to leave your mark on the industry!
Visit Greenland’s core tasks are to support sustainable development of the travel industry and to market and brand Greenland as a destination, thereby ensuring that tourism brings benefits to the entire country. This will take place in close collaboration with the industry, regional tourism organisations, relevant partners and the Government of Greenland, Naalakkersuisut.
We are therefore looking for a committed and motivated Managing Director who has visions for the sustainable development of tourism in Greenland and a sharp focus on driving processes that are inclusive and stimulating.
We offer you:
- A versatile and challenging job with plenty of professional and personal development potential.
- Major influence on the development of a sustainable travel industry in Greenland.
- A highly capable and committed staff of employees in an international organisation.
- The chance to put your personal stamp on the organisation.
- Exciting tasks within branding, marketing and destination development.
- An extensive network and comprehensive collaboration with the travel industry, the company’s owners and international stakeholders and organisations.
In a professional capacity, we expect that you:
- Have a relevant education or a background in tourism.
- Know and understand Greenlandic society and the tourism sector.
- Are able to navigate with diplomatic adroitness in many different environments.
- Have experience of strategic communication, preparation of strategic action plans and strategy processes.
- Can ensure day-to-day operations and administration.
- Have competencies within branding, marketing and destination development.
- Are a strong project manager with good leadership qualities.
- Have a good understanding of economics.
- Carry creative and visionary weight with focus on implementation.
- Have good command of Greenlandic, English and Danish.
As a person, we expect that you are:
- Systematic, analytical and able to execute.
- Creative, empathic and strategic.
- Visionary in a dynamic industry.
- A good judge of character and a prodigious networker.
- Motivating, inspiring and able to engender commitment at many different levels.
- Passionate about developing tourism in Greenland by taking local development potential and international tourism trends as points of departure.
In addition to a position in a creative and dynamic organisation, you must be prepared to travel extensively and to live in Nuuk. We offer remuneration and terms of employment in accordance with the position’s requirements on an individual basis.
We are looking for a Managing Director who can fill the position on 1 September 2022 or as soon as possible after this date.
If you wish to know more, you are welcome to contact Chairperson Anette Grønkjær Lings on firstname.lastname@example.org or +299 52 76 16.
Application with CV, relevant diplomas, references, etc. must be received by Visit Greenland no later than Thursday 14 July at 12.00 (GMT-2) Application is sent via email to email@example.com.