Icelandic Mountain Guides have just announced new industry courses for next year for guides who need mountain skills or wilderness first aid qualifications.
- New company: Travel by Heart is a new DMC which caters to groups and large events.
- New company: Tuugaaq Travel is a new DMC which caters to groups, individuals, press trips and research expeditions. Contact them on email@example.com.
- Visit Greenland’s Libris photo database will be featured by Libris in an upcoming email to its clients, on account of the many beautiful photos on our database! There is also a new feature on Libris, which allows users to search within specific galleries. Read more about using Libris here.
- Sermitsiaq, in collaboration with RealDania, will publish a nationwide newspaper about the upcoming Icefjord Centre in Ilulissat. The newspaper will be published on the 6th and 8th November and will be available online as a PDF at sermitsiaq.ag.
- From January 2020, tourists will be able to rent cross-country skis from Greenland Fiord Tours.
- Uummannaq Fjord Tours has changed its name to Greenland Fiord Tours By Land and Sea. They have also created a subsidiary company called North Greenland Cruise Services, which offers harbour services, boat tours, helicopter tours and shore excursions for cruise ships.
- New operator – Ilulissat Unique Tours. Offering snowmobile excursions in the Ilulissat area using local guides.
- In May 2021, Best Western hotels will open the Best Western Plus in Ilulissat. This sustainable hotel will have 78 rooms, a restaurant and a large roof terrace, and is being built and operated by a group of local investors.
- New product from North Greenland Adventure: Icecap View, Ilulissat. This is a restaurant with seating for 35 guests and accommodation for 20 people, situated close to the icefjord. It is open between November and April and reached by walking, cross country skiing, dog sledding, helicopter, or snow mobile.
- Albatros Travel’s renovation of Hotel Hvide Falk, Ilulissat, will begin in November. This huge renovation project will extend over a period of a few years.
- Greenland will get it’s fourth Seaman’s Home Hotel as Hotel Avannaa in Ilulissat becomes a part of the franchise. From the beginning of 2020, the hotel will be known as Ilulissat Seamen’s Home.
- Arctic Living Ilulissat is the name of a brand new sled dog centre in Ilulissat. Housing 32 dogs, tourists can visit to see presentations about dogsledding, visit the dogs and see them being fed. In the winter, the centre will also offer dogsled tours. It is planned that the centre will open soon.
- Hotel Nordlys are developing a new product: a sky hut with a great view in Oqaatsut. Contact Ole Dorph to learn more.
- North Greenland Adventure have built a hut by Sikujuitsoq and offers ice fishing tours. Contact Piitaq Magnussen to learn more.
DESTINATION DISKO BAY
- Since its change of ownership in 2018, Hotel Disko Island has thoroughly renovated its restaurant, kitchen, reception and bar. The Hotel re-opened in July 2019 with new interior design, brand new chefs offering a new menu, as well as new panoramic windows which enhance the hotel’s amazing view. During the high season Hotel Disko Island arranges guided city walks in Qeqertarsuaq as well as walks to Kuannit.
- New Tourism coordinator in Qasigiannguit,
Tlf. (+299) 70 19 00 and (+299) 38 71 46
S. M. Saxtorphsvej 1
Postboks 113 – 3951 Qasigiannguit
Destination Arctic Circle
- Brand new kayak centre in Sisimiut, run by Julien Caquineau: Offering a variety of kayak tours, SUP tours, kayak rental, and much more. Bookings can be made through: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arctic Circle Business has named Susanne Høegh as its new acting director. Applications for the director’s position closed on November 11th.
- Inunnguaq Hegelund is back for good in South Greenland, opening a new permanent restaurant in Qaqortoq. It is planned that the restaurant will open in January on the site of the former restaurant Lallaatis.
- Innovation South Greenland A / S (the business development company in South Greenland) is officially up and running! Director Allan Chemnitz started on October 1st. Innovation South Greenland is responsible for the development of the region in business, tourism and hunting / fishing.
- Hotel Narsarsuaq are freshening up the hotel and the restaurant menu and will be serving even better food in future
- Jacky Simoud, the founder, owner and long-standing manager of Blue Ice Explorer, Narsarsuaq, is retiring at the end of this year. We thank Jacky for his contribution to the development and promotion of tourism in South Greenland..
- Yggdrasil Theme Park – The Legendary World of Norse Mythology: In September/October, Norse Theme Parks in partnership with Trida Media will launch an ambitious initiative to help boost tourism and awareness of the period when Norsemen settled southern Greenland.
- Chef Inunnguaq Hegelund is back for a limited time only, cooking at Lal’laati’s Pop Up in Qaqortoq, from 16th September until 2nd October.
UPCOMING PRESS TRIPS
The following press trips are being planned and supported by Visit Greenland, Air Greenland, Air Iceland Connect and partners:
- Capital Region, Destination Arctic Circle
- Cosmopolitan, Conde Nast
- Nuuk, Sisimiut
If you would like to make an individual agreement or collaboration with any of these journalists, please contact us on email@example.com and we can put you in touch.
Latest VG Content
- Things to do: Glaciers
- Local Knowledge video