The tourism trade shows, workshops, and trade missions that Greenland participates in will focus on Visit Greenland’s priority markets.
These events are valuable for meeting current and new business partners, and Visit Greenland aims to establish contact with relevant agents and other potential partners.
These events aim to promote responsible tourism for all of Greenland and give a unique opportunity for local operators to market themselves.
Which operators can participate in marketing events
Everyone is welcome to join any trade show and event they wish to attend.
Sometimes, but not always, Visit Greenland facilitates the organisation of specific events.
In some cases, there must be a selection criteria due to the limited number of participants allowed at an event. It is the responsibility of the National Tourist Board to provide targeted and representative participation from the Greenlandic tourism industry. In these scenarios, the following guidelines will apply:
- The company is registered with a Greenlandic CVR number and has a manned office or affiliate in Greenland during the tourism seasons. The company, therefore, pays tax in Greenland.
- Companies that do not have a manned office or affiliate in Greenland, and only a CVR registered business, cannot expect to be invited to these events.
Invitations will be distributed according to the relevance of the event in question. Visit Greenland wishes to promote responsible tourism development. These considerations include:
- Sustainable behaviour
- Quality and safety products
- Segmentation of products that match the market
- Relevant growth potential for the market
In relevant situations, there may be a two-tiered selection phase for participation in events. First priority will be given to Greenlandic suppliers based in Greenland. Second priority will be given to relevant suppliers outside of Greenland.
Process of selection
Phase 1: Event publicised on the website and announced on the B2B newsletter
Phase 2: Companies have the opportunity to apply by a specified deadline.
Phase 3: Visit Greenland will choose from the most relevant applicants from the pool and inform who is successful.